HunterSeven Foundation shared this knformstion on Heavy Metal Toxicity.

Heavy metal toxicity isn’t restricted to just Lead. Other metals like Cadmium, Mercury, Chromium, Aluminum, and Uranium are considered toxic at increased doses/exposures as well.

While short term exposures (<24hr.) may cause acute symptoms, such as headaches, nausea, dry throat, cough, and a slight fever, a majority (~75%) of these metals will be excreted. The other 25% circulate in the blood for a month or so before entering soft tissues and in the bone.

Once the heavy metals enter the soft tissue and bones, the ‘acute’ symptoms lessen, as the metals are not ‘active’ in circulation.

On the other hand, those repeat exposures continue the process stated above. Multiple exposures have the same ending.

Heavy metals, like Lead, remain in soft tissue for a few months, whereas it remains in bones for upwards of 25 to 30 years. Cadmium is approximately 38 years.

As those exposures continue, the deposits in the bone continue as well. Slowly increasing more chronic, systemic symptoms, including the ones mentioned on the graphic.

So the question is how can we prevent these chronic issues from occurring?

1. The obvious, do your best to prevent these exposures, meaning using special cleaning wipes, protecting your oral and nasal cavity, shooting outdoors when possible, changing your clothes, not eating / drinking on ranges, etc.

2. If you’ve been exposed for a LONG time, and you are symptomatic, there are specialized providers who can test, assess, and treat chronic heavy metals exposures through ‘chelation’ therapy.

Chelation is tough on the kidneys, so it is ordered and monitored closely by medical staff.

Otherwise, certain foods have been promoted as detoxifying agents, which may be helpful in that acute period (time of exposure -to- 2 months).

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Source link

Previous articleServe and Succeed: The Story of Black Quartermasters in WWII
Next articleArmy’s First Female Deep-Sea Diver Reflects on Career


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here